Friday, January 9, 2009

100 Things

Since I deleted my archives (They are all safely printed and tucked away in a safe place for my kids someday.) I thought I might "borrow" this post idea from KB.

100 Random Bits of Shit and Shinola about Moi:

1. I am married to my high school sweetheart.
2. I never paint my fingernails.
3. I ALWAYS paint my toenails. LOL :)
4. I don't like kitties. Well I like kitties I just wouldn't have one.
5. I love to go barefoot.
6. I am a country girl through and through.
7. I don't eat chocolate. (IE, I prefer chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips, LOL)
8. I dream of cooking Chinese food really well.
9. I cuss A LOT.
10. I have naturally curly hair that is a curse AND a blessing.
11. I am afraid of dying.
12. I miss my Dad so much my heart hurts. E.V.E.R.Y.D.A.Y
13. I live in a small town. Population 2075
14. When I was teenager I dreamed of getting the HELL out of this town.
15. When I got pregnant at 20 all I wanted to do was move back.
16. I am a speed reader. I can read a 400 page book in a few hours.
17. I can NOT chew gum. I WILL swallow it. Guaranteed.
18. I worry about being a good Momma. All the time. Every second. Every day.
19. I sing to my kids every day and make up silly songs with their names in them.
20. I can spot a liar a mile away.
21. I hate people who feel the need to lie.
22. I taught myself to crochet in a week.
23. I can NOT knit to save my life. I have tried. Repeatedly.
24. I give nicknames to everyone I ♥. Even our dogs.
25. I wish I had more friends. :(
26. I have really bad nightmares sometimes.
27. I think I am funny.
28. I love funny people.
29. I am shy. Until you get to know me.
30. I have really bad self-esteem. I don't like my looks. (*ugh! TMI!)
31. I still get goosebumps when my husband comes home from work. Every day ;)
32. I pray a lot.
33. I also sin a lot.
34. I worry about the 2 above issues.
35. I would love to have a layout published in a scrapbook magazine.
36. I never submit to scrapbook magazines or design teams. HELLO, ya hypocrite!
37. Mountain Dew is my liquid love.
38. Diet pop/food/sugar substitutes make my mouth taste like I have been eating tin foil. It's a chemical reaction, verified by my Doctor.
39. I have Fibromyalgia. And I hate it.
40. I would die for my kids. No questions asked.
41. I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers.
42. I am very close to my sisters. Not my brothers.
43. I am the youngest child. My closest sibling is 10 years older than I am. My oldest will be 57 this year and I will be 39.
42. I love to cook.
43. I hate to do dishes.
44. I make amazing comfort food.
45. My parents are from the deep south so I consider myself part hillbilly. I know all about grits, gravy, cornbread, greens, etc.
46. I am currently writing a cookbook for family and friends.
47. I don't go to Starbucks. I drink Maxwell House.
48. Target is my Anthropolgie. LOL :)
49. I care more about playing with my kids than cleaning my house.
50. Laundry and I are NOT friends.
51. I envy all of you who can buy scrapbook supplies at will.
52. I cry at commercials. LDS and Coca-Cola Christmas commercials get me every single time.
53. I am addicted to blog-surfing and twitter.
54. Ladybugs creep me out.
55. I LOVE to swim and have a pool.
56. I wish I could sew.
57. I love spaghetti and pasta, OK Italian food in general.
58. I am getting grey hair. It's is both disturbing and interesting to me.
59. I love snow and rain.
60. I would like to write a children's book and have my husband illustrate it.
61. I make bracelets and necklaces from up-cycled and vintage belts.
62. I don't like people who look down at other people.
63. My husband and I chose to live with less money so I could stay at home to raise our kids.
64. My husband makes me feel safe and keeps me in check.
65. I can be a bitch when provoked.
66. All my daughters friends want to hang out at our house because they say I am a "cool Mom". That makes me feel...cool :)
67. One of my daughters best friends currently lives with us 5 days a week. We don't get any money from her family. And I could care less. I do it so she can have a stable, safe, loving home. I call her my daughter. She calls me Mom. (more on this later.)
68. I gave my nieces, daughters, and her friends handmade journals and am teaching them a scrapbook class called, "52 weeks of 2009 - My Life in Photos" for Christmas.
69. I really don't have any girlfriends I hang out with in real life.
70. That makes me incredibly sad at times.
71. I went to school with a murderer. True Story.
72. I always try to learn something new. But master very little. But I keep trying.
73. Seafood makes me violently ill.
74. I LOVE a great steak.
75. I sleep with a fan on 365 days a year. Even though we have central air even.
76. I can ice skate like a pro.
77. I love to go camping and sit around a fire with friends and family.
78. I don't own a car. We have one that my husband uses to go to work.
79. I am an organizational freak.
80. I have bad time management skills.
81. But I work great under a deadline.
82. I help care for my Mom who had brain surgery and can no longer care for herself.
83. I miss my "old" Mom immensely. She has never recovered.
84. I refuse to gossip. I think it's petty and pathetic.
85. I am a republican but I voted for Barack Obama.
86. I look beyond skin, weight, looks and love from the inside out.
87. I never stay mad. Life is too short.
88. I love people who are full of life, spirited, and out-going. They make me want to be a better person.
89. I don't own a fancy camera. Just a basic point and shoot.
90. I like lists.
91. I am drawn to people who have a strong character, are ballsy, who speak what they feel, but don't judge.
92. I know I don't fit into this "online" scrapbooking world. I am a square peg in a round hole.
93. I wonder a lot about my purpose in this world.
94. I am a loyal and devoted friend.
95. Somerset Studios are my FAVORITE magazines. My husband also happens to print them.
96. I LOVE sunflowers and prefer them to ANY flower.
97. My kids are almost 12 years apart in age. I couldn't get pregnant after miscarriages and we just thought God had given us one blessing. 5 years ago we got a BIG surprise. LOL :)
98. My husband and I will have been married for 18 years on June 8th, 2009.
99. I am always up late, late at night.
100. My family is everything.

Wow, that took forever but I could have kept going. LOL :)
I think I will do that every year.
Something cool to leave for my kids.

Sheep dip, I need to go to bed.

2 comments:

Jess January 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

wow, what a cool post! I just learned so much about you :)

grungedandy January 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Apart from the kitties as you know I have 4 of the buggers (and love them) and I went to school with a murder victim rather than a murderer and of course I haven’t given birth to any kids we are remarkably similar! I’ve been looking after my mum since I was about 18 & helping my mum look after my dad my whole life I only have 1 real brother & one foster brother but we adopted people into the family all the time I don’t have any everyday girl friends but I still have friends that I catch up on it just takes a lot of prep! LoL we don’t have a car at all now! I might have to nick this idea to use for a blog post! Seeya hugya *G*

Earn Gift Cards & More-I DO!

Art Inspo & Challenge Blogs

Life & Love: The Good, Bad, & Ugly

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP